Robotics in Orthopaedics
Welcome to the OrthoJOE podcast with Dr. Marc Swiontkowski and Dr. Mohit Bhandari. In this episode of OrthoJOE, Drs. Bhandari and Swionkowski discuss the future of robotics in orthopaedic surgery. Why all of the investment? What are the costs vs. benefits? How about the marketing incentives for institutions? Is there a promise of better outcomes?
If you have any comments, questions, or topics you would like us to cover, please feel free to reach out so we can read your messages and possibly answer your questions during the next episode of OrthoJOE.
- Facts about robotics in the medical industry
- Why robotics? Are we fixing the problem?
- What is the long-term value of robotics in surgery?
- Expertise bias in robotics
- Is the initial cost going to be outweighed quickly?
- Two-year outcome study
- Quicker, less invasive surgeries?
- Marketing using the latest technology
- Robotics as an enabler technology that allows us to rethink our views on surgery
- What is needed in order to integrate and use robots well
“Robotic Technology in Orthopaedic Surgery,” JBJS.org
Brought to you by Mohit Bhandari and Marc Swiontkowski of OrthoJOE